Diapers are Essential
Clean diapers are basic needs for every infant and toddler. Yet, 1 in 3 American families reports diaper need.
No Federal poverty assistance programs supply diapers. But we do.
Since 2017, Babies Need Bottoms diaper bank has worked in partnership with community based organizations to provide diapering supplies for families facing diaper need in Western North Carolina.
DIAPER NEED FACTS
- 1 in 3 American families reports experiencing diaper need
- Diapers & diaper supplies are not covered by government assistance
- Diapers cost an average of $70-$80 per month, per child
- Infants use up to 12 diapers/day and toddlers up to 8 diapers/day
- Without transportation, buying diapers at a convenience store rather than a large “big box” store can significantly increase the monthly cost of diapers.
WNC AREA DIAPER NEED
- From 2019-2020, diaper distributions increased by 393% due to the pandemic.
- 46% of children in Buncombe County live in poor or low-income homes
- 51% of households with children in Haywood County receive food stamps
- 44% of households with children in Henderson County receive food stamps
- 46% of households with children in Madison County receive food stamps
- 58% of households with children in Transylvania County receive food stamps
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
HOW TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OUR COMMUNITY
Donate diapers. Donate time. Donate money.
DIAPERS CHANGE LIVES
Diaper access means physically healthier children, emotionally healthier caregivers, and a stronger community where more people have their basic needs met.
Babies for Bottoms is a lifesaver. I am a single mother who works a full time job, and goes to school. I am raising a 9 and 2 year old and sometimes the money has to be stretched really far. I was down to 1 diaper and after searching under every rock I found babies for bottoms, and they were right there to help. They even made it possible for me to get diapers immediately.
Thank You to every one on the Babies for bottoms team. My children, and I are truly appreciative of your help.
This has been a lifesaver in a time where I am in desperate need of assistance when I don’t have the money to buy Pull-Ups. Thank you all that help me
I greatly appreciate having somewhere to go for help for my grandkids that I have care of. I wish there had been things like this when I had my kids.