Happy 5th Birthday to Babies Need Bottoms Diaper Bank!
Celebrate and Give WNC Babies and their Families a Gift!
In spite of incredibly challenging years, this is a time of year when we look back with gratitude on five years of incredible impact on our Western North Carolina community. Babies Need Bottoms, WNC’s only diaper bank, began in November of 2017, and we believe that we’ve got a lot to celebrate.
After all, since 2017, Babies Need Bottoms has distributed over 800,000 diapers to make a difference for local families.
We’re hosting a community playdate on November 27th at Silver Line Park in Woodfin from 2 pm to 4 pm to celebrate providing an additional support structure for babies and their families. We’ll have the shelters reserved, and there is plenty of space for kids to play.
In the meantime, there are five wonderful gifts you can give us to celebrate turning 5 as an organization.
- Share a story on Facebook or Instagram about a time when a diaper saved the day. We’ve all been there when it comes to a #DiaperBlowOut. Those moments may be funny in hindsight but that diaper was a big deal at the time! Use our special 5th year anniversary hashtag #DiaperBlowOut and tag us @BabiesNeedBottoms to share your story. If you haven’t already, give us a follow.
- Planning on shopping on Amazon? Choose Babies Need Bottoms for your “Supporting” charity. A portion of every sale from smile.amazon.com goes to us, and you get the same Amazon deals you’re used to.
- Giving Tuesday is coming up, and even a $10 donation can give a baby and their family much-needed diaper supplies!
- Submit a Volunteer Inquiry to learn about volunteering opportunities and Board Member openings, or email us at [email protected].
- Invite one friend to sign up for this e-news so they can always know what exciting highlights happen during our sixth year of work toward ending diaper need.
As you shop this season, stop by Lollipops, The Littlest Birds, Asheville Museum of Science, and Once Upon a Child. We have a donation box in each location where you can place donations to Babies Need Bottoms.
Leaving a donation from our Amazon Wishlist (even if purchased somewhere else!) in our dropbox makes the holidays brighter for a family. Preemie diapers, pull-ups, rash cream, and baby wipes are in particularly high demand.
Want a new holiday tradition of giving back to your community? Consider these ideas:
- Gather diaper supplies with a book club or community organization as part of your holiday celebration.
- Teach your kids about diaper need and choose items to donate for a tangible lesson in generosity.
- For a simpler holiday season, donate items in honor of family or friends instead of giving them a physical gift and write a note about what Babies Need Bottoms means to you.