Cloth diapers provide a sustainable option for families with diaper need. If your family is interested in cloth diapering and qualifies for the program (currently receiving assistance such as WIC, TANF or another program including disaster relief), apply to receive a set of cloth diapers to loan for a set period of time. If your family is already using cloth diapers and you are now experiencing diaper need, you may still qualify for this program. Every application is carefully considered, and diaper packs are distributed on a case-by-case basis to eligible families.
THERE IS NO COST FOR THE CLOTH DIAPER PROGRAM TO ELIGIBLE FAMILIES
Babies Need Bottoms is a nonprofit diaper bank that relies on community donations of cloth diapers and financial donations to purchase supplies. We provide cloth diapers to families at or below 200% Federal Poverty Level and kindly ask that families apply only if they qualify under the eligibility criteria below:
Resident of one of the following counties: Buncombe, Haywood, Henderson, Madison or Transylvania
Possess current photo ID from a government or school
Provide proof of a current assistance program or be referred as a client of any of our partner agencies
Complete our cloth diaper application and agree to the terms
Provide a valid email address for correspondence with our diaper program volunteer
Provide birth certificate for each child
- All personally identifiable information submitted to Babies Need Bottoms will be kept confidential within our organization and between any partner agency as needed to verify client referrals.
- Applicants who are approved to receive cloth diapers through our program will need to pick -up any loaned items from a volunteer or partner agency location. Due to excessive shipping costs, diapers are not shipped to clients.
- Recipients assume all responsibility for any cloth diaper accessory – such as detergent, wipes, fasteners, etc. – that is not distributed through our program. When available, we may provide some of these accessory items to clients.
- By accepting diapers from Babies Need Bottoms, recipients are accountable for each product loaned. All diapers must be properly cared for and returned to us by the date specified in the lending agreement.
- Recipients will be subject to a $50 penalty for not returning loaned product to Babies Need Bottoms by the date specified in the lending agreement.
- Diapers loaned through our program cannot be sold or distributed by the recipient. Selling or exchanging diapers from our program will result in financial penalties and/or criminal prosecution for theft.
- Diapers as provided “as is.” Diapers provided may be previously worn; they will be prewashed and fully prepared for use of this program.
- Failure to comply with our program’s Terms of Service could lead to ineligibility for future assistance through any of our progams.